Household Energy Facts
- Taking a shower uses 5 times less energy than if you took a full bath
- Spending 10 minutes less in the shower will save the equivalent of 9.5 microwave dinners
- Avoiding one tumble dryer load and hanging out your clothes to dry naturally will save you enough energy to take 2 showers.
- For the same energy usage, you can watch more than 3 times as many DVDs as videos (VHS).
- A typical vending machine uses approximately the same amount of energy as 12 regular fridges over the course of the day.