What Projects are Eligible?
The main focus of the programme is on stimulating the development and deployment of Ocean Energy (OE) devices and systems. As such, the emphasis is on industry-led projects for the following types of activities:
- Industry-led projects to develop and test wave and tidal energy capture devices and systems;
- Independent monitoring of projects/technologies;
- Industry-led R&D aimed at the integration of ocean energy into the electricity market and the national electricity grid (and network);
- Data monitoring, forecasting, communications and control of OE systems;
- Specific industry-led research projects which will be carried out by research centres, third level institutions and centres of excellence with a high level of expertise in the relevant area;
How to apply for funding
A call is currently open for Applications for the Prototype Development Fund. It is recommended that applicants review the Application Guide below and consider the items of cost which are eligible for support, the levels of support available, who is eligible for support, where to submit the application form and the evaluation process and time scale. Once you are confident with respect to the programme requirements then proceed to draft and submit your application using the Application Form provided below.
Application Guide & Form
Click here to download the Application Guide.pdf (size 526.6 KB) (pdf)
Click here to download the Application Form Word Version.doc (size 173.1 KB)(doc)
It is recommended that interested applicants familiarise themselves with, and apply the following practices and protocols:
Ocean Energy ERA-NET
SEAI is a member of OCEANERA-NET, a network of 16 national and regional funders and managers of research and innovation programmes, from 9 European Countries. The objective of OCEANERA-NET is to coordinate funding programmes between European countries and regions to support research and innovation in the ocean energy sector.
OCEANERA-NET will work towards joint calls for collaborative research and innovation projects. The first joint call was launched in Autumn 2014, with a second call expected to open in Autumn 2015. For more information see the OCEANERA-NET website: http://www.oceaneranet.eu/