Energy Policy / Analysis / Modelling
This has been a significant area of energy research in Ireland, and continues to be necessary to guide and inform energy-related policy decisions. A total of €15.8 million has been provided for 70 projects since 2004, accounting for 9% of total energy R&D investment during the period. The University of Limerick is a key player in the field, and other universities with major involvement include DCU, UCD, UCC and NUI Maynooth.
- The Irish TIMES project underway at UCC's Sustainable Energy Research Group (SERG) undertaking long term bottom-up energy systems modelling.
- Environment and Climate Change: Impacts and Responses and ConSenSus: A Cross-Border Household Analysis of Consumption, Environment and Sustainability in Ireland at NUIG.
- Policy research projects at the Charles Parson Research Institute at UL.
- UCD - Urban environment - decision support tools for managing the urban environment in Ireland. Various projects related to the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Energy policy and analysis studies at the Dublin Energy Lab, DIT.
|Key Irish Research Institutions|
|Energy Policy, Analysis and Modelling Research Funding 2004-2010|