Demetra Ltd is an innovative company based in Dublin, designing and developing biogas plants for the Irish market (targeting agricultural and animal farmers and small food processor companies). This project aims to design and manufacture a pilot demonstration AD tank made by plastic based fabric. The ADbag aims to provide a simpler, less expensive option to traditional AD systems, allowing for the exploitation of potential biomass feedstock currently wasted in the farming and small food processor sector.
- Organisation website: www.demetra.ie/
- Category: Experimental Development - 45%
- Total Project Cost: €51,610
- SEAI grant (2016): €23,225
- Final Project Report HERE
NVP has worked with SEAI in 2014/2015 on the development of a low temperature anaerobic digestion (LtAD) technology where funding was previously used to optimise the design of the AD reactor and piloting its trial in Carbery Mills, Aarabawn Dairies and the Kerry Group.
The proposed project in 2016 will carry out monitoring and testing to validate the LtAD technology to ensure its efficient operation as this innovative technology is the first of its kind.
- Organisation website: http://www.nvpenergy.com/
- Category 1: Experimental Development - (25%) + SME (20%)
- Category 2: Renewable Heat - Anaerobic Digestion
- Total Project Cost: €34,849
- SEAI grant (2016): €15,682
- Final Project Report - Confidential