There is a shortage of empirical data on the actual benefit of draught reduction in the residential sector. This research will provide measured data on the effectiveness of draught reduction measures on a single dwelling, measuring the thermal performance, reduction in energy usage and improvement in thermal comfort of a sample of buildings following the application of several low-cost, draught reduction measures such as draught stripping floors, chimney balloons. The results of this research will be published and disseminated amongst building professionals, policy makers and other relevant players.
- Organisation website: www.tcd.ie/research/
- Category: Policy Orientated Study (100%)
- Total Project Cost: €27,760
- SEAI grant (2016): €27,760
- Final Project Report will be published at a later date.