Advantages of a Smart Meter
In the area of improved customer service, Smart Metering will deliver the following advantages:
- There will be no more estimated readings. You will be billed for what you actually used in the billing period.
- The Smart Meter will report back electricity issues (such as periods of low voltage) to deliver better quality of supply.
- It facilitates pre-payment schemes.
- It streamlines the process of moving in and out of a property.
Smart Metering allows customers to better manage their own electricity costs:
- Electricity suppliers can offer new pricing options to allow them pass onto consumers a price which better reflects the actual cost of generating the electricity in a given period. For example peak or off-peak, day or night.
- It provides consumers with precise details of their consumption patterns, allowing them better manage their use of electricity.
Smart Metering enables new capabilities for consumers:
Click here to find out about the meaning of time varying electricity price.