Project Assistance Grants
Spending over €250,000 per year on energy bills?
SEAI's project support will help you reduce energy use and cut your energy costs.
SEAI is offering grants for businesses to determine the technical and financial feasibility of energy saving projects. These supports will help you reduce energy and cut your running costs.
Download the Application Guide - Project Assistance Grants .pdf (size 312.6 KB)
|How you benefit?||Who is it for?|
- Significantly reduce energy costs
- Improve cash flow and divert savings to other activities
- Improve competitiveness
- Enhance the organisation's reputation and corporate image
- Improve the skills and knowledge of your employees
delivering energy saving projects
- Improve your Display Energy Certificate if applicable
Applications for energy saving project support are welcomed from both private and public sectors including:
- buildings, industry, commercial operations, transport and utility services
All types of projects are supported for initial business cases.
Further support is available for those that incorporate Energy Contracting or Pay for Performance arrangements.
|What Support is Available|
- Early expert advice at the project concept stage. Tailored advice is offered to those in SEAI programmes; Partnership (public sector) or Agreements/LIEN (private sector).
- Feasibility Study: Up to 50% funding is available up to a maximum of €15,000.
This will help to identify and evaluate opportunities.
- Final Business Case and Project Delivery Support Grant: Up to 75% funding is available up to a maximum of €37,500.
This will support external resources to manage the project delivery including measurement and verification.
Applicants must incorporate a Pay for Performance element into the project to avail of this support.
Pay for Performance
There are two levels depending on the level of performance guarantee incorporated:
- Basic Energy Performance arrangements - qualifies for up to €15,000 at 75% support.
A detailed guide is available here. These arrangements can and should be applied to all energy saving projects.
- Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) - grants of up to €37,500 for projects incorporating energy contracting. This is a very strong energy performance guarantee, with a dedicated contract guaranteeing the savings and listing who is going to accept what risks. It usually suits projects greater than €500,000 in size, involving lots of interlinking
SEAI provides support to you every step of the process from start to finish.
Please get in touch for advice on how to apply.
Tel: 01 8082100
Download:Application Guide - Project Assistance Grants .pdf (size 312.6 KB)
|"SEAI is part of the team; willing, supporting, encouraging organisations to achieve their shared objectives in a friendly yet professional manner. SEAI's greatest strength lies in an ability to help organisations over the speed bumps that every project encounters by providing a suitable blend of project assistance in the form of technical expertise, financial aid, tailored training or straightforward guidance and advice."|
Cormac Healy, Project Manager, Dublin City Council