Generating compressed air to service core energy requirements is a major cost for many industrial facilities in Ireland. It often demands as much as 30% of the total energy budget.
Even though it is one of the most inefficient and expensive means of transporting energy around a facility, it is widely used. Companies generally do not know how to approach the problem.
- Help companies optimise the performance of their compressed-air systems
- Gain understanding of the best available technology
- Identify improvement projects
- Realise the potential of heat recovery in compressed air
Members: 6 companies and 4 leading consultancy firms
Activities: SEAI commissioned one-day compressed-air audits at each company in order to review the system and offer verbal advice and information.
- Company-specific reports with recommendations for energy savings
- Project report and technical guide (see links below)
- Potential savings of 16,142,225 kWh (equal to 12,332 tonnes CO2)
- Aggregate savings of 30% if all projects implemented
- Up to 50% savings possible in some cases
- Payback periods of between 0 and 4 years
Reports & Guides (click on link to download)
Compressed Air SWG Project Report Document
Compressed Air SWG Technical Guide
(Some files are large and may take time to download.)