Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) can account for as much as 80% of a site's total energy budget.
Opportunities to ensure energy-efficient HVAC arise at the design, operation and maintenance stages of a system's lifecycle.
- Investigate the extent of potential savings
- Collect data and audit HVAC energy use
- Identify current bad practices and quickly achievable measures
- Identify issues and obstacles needing more detailed investigation
Members: 14 companies
Activities: The participating companies:
- Verified significant energy-saving opportunities in HVAC
- Identified barriers, constraints and key areas that require more detailed investigation
- Maintaining an energy-efficient HVAC system can reduce its operating costs by as much as 40%
- HVAC energy-saving projects can reduce a site's total energy usage by up to 16%
Reports & Guides (click on link to download)
HVACSWG Project Report Document
(Some files are large and may take time to download.)