The Refrigeration SWG clearly demonstrated that refrigeration offers important opportunities for saving energy and identified areas that require further work.
- Examine energy efficiency in industrial refrigeration, covering installations using process-chilled heat transfer fuids and installations generating chilled water to supply cooling coils for space air-conditioning
Members: 15 companies
Activities: Surveys were carried out on the refrigeration system of each member company.
- Surveys identified savings of around 16 GWh of electrical energy, equal to €2.047 million in energy savings and a reduction of 8,744 tonnes in CO2
- Report and technical summary of the findings, detailing typical bad practices and energy-saving opportunities
- Fact sheets
- Potential to reduce refrigeration energy usage on site by 24% (on average) even though these energy-aware companies had previously implemented many energy-saving measures
Reports & Guides (click on link to download)
Refrigeration SWG Project Report Document
- Reducing Energy Use in Large-scale Refrigeration and Cooling Systems
- Refrigerants Choice, Regulatory Requirements and Energy Efficiency
- Condensing Pressure Reduction and Liquid Pressure Amplification
- Recovering Heat from Refrigeration Systems
(Some files are large and may take time to download.)